Ayutthaya: Ancient City of Thailand
Hello wanderers, how are you today? I am so excited to share with you my recent trip to the ancient capital of the Kingdom of Siam, Ayutthaya. Sounds like a chasing scene in the forest with Lara Croft. LOL.
How to get there / vice versa
If you are planning to visit Ayutthaya for a one-day trip (from Bangkok), then this is for you. We arrive at Mochit Bus Station around 10 am, then we asked for locals where to find a van public transportation going to Ayutthaya. We found one, it cost us 60 baht per person, and travel time is one hour
, we arrive there at around 12 noon.
Where to eat
At the last stop of the van in Ayutthaya, there is a small noodle place, they also serve dishes with rice. We paid 50 baht each for our lunch including bottled water.
Transportation to get around
If you are travelling to Ayutthaya and don’t know how to use a motorbike and you’re with a family, then this travel tips around Ayutthaya is best for you. When we arrived in Ayutthaya and got off the van there were locals selling tours around Ayutthaya, we bought a tour package at 500 baht per person without entrance fee to ruins, temples and parks.
The first ruin that we went to was Wat Yai Chayai Mongkol and we paid 20 baht/person for the entrance fee. And the rest of the parks and ruins are 50 baht/person.
1. If you are visiting the temples, ruins and national park in Ayutthaya, be mindful of your outfits. Sleeveless, off-shoulder even backless and short shorts and short skirt is not allowed. Be respectful tourist, these are sacred places.
2. Bring a lot of water, it’s very hot in Ayutthaya, and there’s not a lot of shade inside the parks and ruins. So bring also an umbrella or a huge hat.
3. Drones are not allowed in the parks and ruins, I wanted to fly my drone, but it’s prohibited. There are signs at the entrance. If you really wanted to fly a drone, you must ask permission to the Ayutthaya Historical Park office. Which I don’t have time and energy to do so.
4. Always take care of your belongings.
5. Wear sunblock, I’m not quite sure what month is the best time to visit Ayutthaya, but I’m pretty sure even November is still hot and humid, so protect yourselves.